13 Jul BBCF Forms new Partnership to help Orrville Residents live healthier lives
UAB Minority Health & Health Disparities Research Center, (MHRC) and the Black Belt Community Foundation, (BBCF) established a partnership through the Orrville Building Healthy Communities (BHC) Coalition. The BHC and its leadership organized to help find ways to help Orrville residents address barriers and support efforts to eliminate them so they might live healthier lives.
The BHC has a Facebook page that you can follow too. https://www.facebook.com/OrrvilleCoalitionBHC/
To this end, improving the walking path near Keith High School in Orrville, Alabama was identified as a worthwhile project.
We are seeking a contractor to do this work. Please share with anyone who might be interested in submitting a proposal.
Here is a scope of work for the contractor:
- Demo and remove existing asphalt paving
- Regrade and compact existing sub-grade
- Treat sub-grade with pre-emergent to prevent grass from resurfacing
- Install 2 inches of new asphalt paving at 8 feet – 0 inches wide at the circular path as identified on the site
- Guarantee work for 2 years (i.e. material defect or installation defect)
- Provide a schedule for completing the project